Wednesday, June 15, 2011

HIT ME WITH YOUR BEST SHOT: Peggy Sue Got Married


This week on Hit me with your best shot I was introduced to a wonderful film called "Peggy Sue Got Married" (thanks Nathaniel!). This film about a woman who is transported back in time really captured the spirit of high school. It brought back memories of the cliques, the naïve hopes and dreams, the puppy love, the gossip, the melodrama and the raging hormones! Nicolas Cage in particular gives a hilarious interpretation (although he sometimes sways to the cheesy side) of a teenage boy. This has to be one of the most quote-worthy films I have ever seen, as it was filled with so many snappy one-liners.

Click below for my favourite shot...



My favourite shot comes from the scene where Charlie (Nicolas Cage) and Walter's (Jim Carrey) boy band “The Definitions” are giving their enthusiastic performance at Maddy’s (Joan Allen) party. Immediately Peggy reverts back to her teenaged self and is smitten by Charlie all over again. Charlie proves to be a master of the art of seduction, as he bats his eyes, throws down some dance moves and turns on the swag. The old feelings re-surface as she realizes…

“He really is kind of cute isn't he?”


How could a girl resist? As he himself proclaims later in the film: “I’ve got the hair. I’ve got the teeth. I’ve got the eyes. I’ve got the car. I’m the lead singer.” I can only imagine how much fun the cast had while filming this movie, delivering such awesome lines.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so pleased you enjoyed. I think the script has some resolution problems but you're right that it's very quotable

    and it's fun how it has three stars that became much more famous: Cage, Joan Allen, Jim Carrey.

    ReplyDelete