What a day! Those Oscar nominations were certainly very surprising. As I was going through the scores, I was convinced we were all doing equally terribly. I fully expected a tie or a very close end result. As it turns out we had a clear winner!
AND THE WINNER IS...
Lindsay Street of French Toast Sunday
She won with 81 points, 3 ahead of joint 2nd place finishers Amir and David. She sealed the win by incredibly picking the full Best Picture lineup (she was the only person to do so).
Check the full spreadsheet to see how everyone else did: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhQ_IQXST8BXdDk2T0ZBT21GNU5GdFk2R2sxTEFVeUE
- Nobody predicted Benh Zeitlin's Best Director nomination or the Best Original Song nominations for "Before My Time" and "Everybody Needs A Friend".
- Andrew & Sarah were the only predictors of Skyfall in Best Original Score.
- Ryan was the only predictor of Snow White and the Huntsman for Best Visual Effects.
- Alex was the only predictor of Flight for Best Original Screenplay.
- Tony was the only predictor of The Pirates! Band of Misfits for Best Animated Feature.
I want to say one final thank you to everyone who participated. It was a lot of fun and I'm already looking forward to an even bigger, better competition next year! :)